can i have tips or suggestions?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Denun
Level 1
Level 1

can i have tips or suggestions?

Post by Denun »

hi,
in attempt to build a blazing fast pc (our family do everything with it) i spent thousands $ in hardware and for sure i won't stop in front of what seems to be 2 pieces of software that can manage my ram, so basically before to buy i'm trying fancycache and ramdisk.
i search everywhere for guide to how to configure to have the best of it in different scenario, but no luck there, so i was wondering if someone can suggest how to configure it.

Hardware:
i7 950 @ 4.2 ghz
DDR3 24GB 2000 hz
SSD 128 gb
2 TB hardrive
2 x GTX 560 SLI

Software:
Win 7 64 bit ==> videogames and sharing services (mostly file server and rarely streaming video server)
VM Ware Win 7 32 bit ==> heavily office use, very clean, always in order ...it's a VM where all the works are stored and processed (online banking+openoffice)
VirtualBox Win 7 32 bit ==> internet, internet and all trash you can install, it's where you click YES without reading the questions. Here is where we spend most of our time, where our google chrome has around 500 favorites + NEWS SERVER ALWAYS ON 24H/365 and some files are relly heavy to par and unpack
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: can i have tips or suggestions?

Post by Support »

Here's an example with FancyCache from magic-man, since he's also using VMware.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=656&p=1478#p1478
(Of course, since FC is still under beta phase, please backup your data first before you try it)

Another use case, I think you might place the images of the virtual PCs to the ramdisk if you have enough memory.