Some feature suggestions

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
Yura
Level 2
Level 2

Some feature suggestions

Post by Yura »

Some of my thoughts:

1) Viewing of current cached data was suggested earlier, I only would like to add a hit count for each file to be shown;
2) I don't know may be FC does it: It can collect and store the statistic from all the sessions and according to this data give some additional weight for frequently hit files in the new session. So the algorithm will know which files are good candidates for better hit rate and will try to do not kick out such files from the cache as long as possible;
3) It would be really useful to set some working files and folders to be cached better than other files (I mean do not replace them with some others as long as possible);
4) Also it would be good to exclude media files (movies, music) from caching at all (at least when cache is full already) just in order to do not replace some files related to the working process;
5) And I think the performance statistic graphic line moves to fast. It is not informative, when it is almost always a straight horizontal line. May be the refreshing speed for it should be configurable.

Thank you for your work!

Waiting for further updates.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Some feature suggestions

Post by Support »

Hi Yura,

Thank you for your suggestions.
Yura wrote:5) And I think the performance statistic graphic line moves to fast. It is not informative, when it is almost always a straight horizontal line. May be the refreshing speed for it should be configurable.
Actually we don't think the history data of this value "Read Hit Rate" is very important. We keep the latest hit rate which reflects the cache hit during the whole monitor period.
The hit rate is calucated according to the below fomura,
Read Hit Rate = Read Bytes (Cached) / Read Bytes (Total) * 100%