Transferring registration key to another computer

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
luke123
Level 3
Level 3

Transferring registration key to another computer

Post by luke123 »

Hi

I've been using VSuite Ramdisk free edition for over a year and am a satisfied, happy user.

I plan to buy a Windows 7 computer soon and will buy a license of VSuite Ramdisk standard edition for it. My question is, should I decide not to continue using VSuite Ramdisk on this new computer, am I allowed to re-use the registration key on another computer, after uninstalling Ramdisk standard edition from the first one?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Transferring registration key to another computer

Post by Support »

Yes, the license can be transferred from one computer to another one. It is free of charge. but you need to email us on it and then we can manually update the the registration database.
luke123
Level 3
Level 3

Post by luke123 »

Great! Thanks.
luke123
Level 3
Level 3

Post by luke123 »

Hi

When I do a clean install of Windows 7 on a computer previously running VSuite Ramdisk standard edition, can I simply use the same registration key, or do I need to email support to manually update the registration database?

Thanks.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi,

Currently you need to email us. otherwise the registration will failed.

We will try to implement the automatic process in the future.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

I *was* about to purchase a copy of VSuite Pro until I saw the old forum's Activation thread and this one.

Now I won't, because this type of activation poses an unacceptable risk to me and other users - if Romex were ever to close down or go out of business, every legitimate VSuite owner would be left in limbo, with no way to install or transfer their purchase onto a new machine.

This does *nothing* to stop piracy (a search for "VSuite ramdisk torrent" returns results aplenty) and actually makes the pirated (cracked) version a better choice - it will continue working if Romex shut down.

Finally, the support requirements of this type of activation (having to supply new codes to an increasing number of users) must create a cost burden that has to be passed on to users via higher prices.

Now I don't condone piracy - but this form of activation only harms legitimate users. Romex, please reconsider your stance here - if you drop this system and use a simple serial number only (which can be transferred to another system without having to contact support) then I would be more than happy to make a purchase.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi InquiringMind,

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll consider it.
asambler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by asambler »

support wrote:Hi InquiringMind,

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll consider it.

Any news on this topic?

I too was about to make a purchase, when I found this topics.

Seriously guys, piracy issues aside, you sould also consider your competition.

Dataram solution offers a 32 and 64 bit free solution with a $15 upgrade to full featured.

In my opinion $70 per computer is a bit expensive specialy if you have up to 3 computers at home.

I think you should also consider lowering the cost per computer of your standar and pro editions by allowing multiple instalations with the same license.

this will make your products more accesible to home users as well as independent IT professionals.

I think your product is very good, but lacks good marketing strategy.

Regards.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi asambler,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll forward your comments to our management team.

PS. A new program for the ramdisk product is planned to come within one or two months. There might be a new market strategy coming with it.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

asambler wrote:I think you should also consider lowering the cost per computer of your standar and pro editions by allowing multiple instalations with the same license.
A good idea, which I suggested to another ramdisk developer (a "home license" with no lockdown to a specific system) which they seemed to think worth implementing at a future stage.

Be interesting to see who releases first - because that will decide where my money goes...