Stuck on "processing please wait"

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
nagetech
Level 1
Level 1

Stuck on "processing please wait"

Post by nagetech »

Howdy everyone!

Came here as I am not sure what to do with an issue I'm having with Primo Cache Server 4.3

I was trying to delete a Cache all together. It is a L2 SSD drive for a 4TB mechanical drive. It's been working great, but looking to move a few things around in the server.

When I go to delete the cache, it of course starts to dump the cache. It has been stuck there for 48 hours now. I even went as far as for matting the mechanical drive to empty it faster thinking that would speed up the cache dump, but I appear to be wrong.

is there any way to stop / terminate this process? I'm afraid if I try to restart windows it will hang as the software won't let me do anything.

Thank you ahead of time for any help.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Stuck on "processing please wait"

Post by Support »

I'm sorry for the late reply due to Chinese New Year Holiday. And I'm also sorry for this issue caused. It seems an error occurred while waiting for the write-flushing to complete. Currently you may have to make an backup first and then try to restart Windows as usual. If Windows hangs on shutdown, I'm afraid you'll have to power off to force a restart.
Endelin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Stuck on "processing please wait"

Post by Endelin »

Have you tried ending the process in Task Manager?