PC turns off during sleep when L1 cache enabled. Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Dichotomy
Level 4
Level 4

PC turns off during sleep when L1 cache enabled.

Post by Dichotomy »

Hi, guys!

Problem popped up:
PC turns off during sleep when L1 cache enabled.
Not immediately, but in some significant period of time - every night of two. I come at morning - and machine is turned off instead of sleep.
Dichotomy
Level 4
Level 4

Re: PC turns off during sleep when L1 cache enabled.

Post by Dichotomy »

PS The same happens when I turn on hybernation instead of just sleep. Most likely problem has no direct connection with Primo Cache - just has the same roots.

If I turn off L1 cache (leave L2 only) machine goes sleep and wake just fine.

Does anyone else has the same problem?
Dichotomy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Dichotomy »

Dear support, could you please make a guess what could possibly cause this behavior?
L2 memory cache in Read Only mode.
Babel17
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Babel17 »

IIRC there's a Windows setting where, if enabled, the PC restarts if a system failure is encountered. So maybe yours is for some reason not restarting, but is encountering the failure.

If you have that setting enabled, you could instead choose to not restart, but to instead write to the system log. Though arguably if you already have that setting disabled, your system is shutting down because it's unable to restart, so try switching it back. Either way, enable the log reporting option.

Go to Advanced System Settings, the Advanced Tab, and then look at Startup and Recovery. Click on the Settings button on that. Under System Failure are the options I referred to.
Dichotomy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Dichotomy »

Babel17 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:04 pm IIRC there's a Windows setting where, if enabled, the PC restarts if a system failure is encountered. So maybe yours is for some reason not restarting, but is encountering the failure.

If you have that setting enabled, you could instead choose to not restart, but to instead write to the system log. Though arguably if you already have that setting disabled, your system is shutting down because it's unable to restart, so try switching it back. Either way, enable the log reporting option.

Go to Advanced System Settings, the Advanced Tab, and then look at Startup and Recovery. Click on the Settings button on that. Under System Failure are the options I referred to.
Seems u r closer to the truth than me.
Problem has nothing to do with PrimoCahche. Have uninstalled it and problem remains.

I assume thread can be deleted not to misinform other users.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

You can check Windows Events to see if there were any unexpected shutdowns.
Since the problem is not related to PrimoCache, I will mark this thread resolved.
Thanks.