No read only option?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Shoomie
Level 1
Level 1

No read only option?

Post by Shoomie »

Previously, i have just glanced over a pirated version of Primo Cache on a friends PC, but since it seemed really nifty, i decided to buy it today.

However, i can't find any read-only option like he had.
I'm only interested in making my game SSD cached with RAM so that only the reading is sped up, and the same with my small optane drive (as L2) on my HDD.
But i can't find the option.

Is this removed in the non Pro version or something?
SnowReborn
Level 4
Level 4

Re: No read only option?

Post by SnowReborn »

For L1(RAM) cache, as long as you don't turn on deferred write option, it will only speed up your loading / reading speed. However, there's a separate option to adjust "individual read / write space"; if you were to give 100% read space, then only the files your PC have read will be cached and sped up(meaning newly downloaded file that hasn't been run, or newly copied file or installed game that hasn't been run will not be cached), however if you leave on default, then data which you downloaded, freshly installed, or made changes on, will also be sped up(reading). Only if defer write is enabled(risk to data corruption), then primocache will speed up writing speed. As for L2, default is 100% reading already, so if you are using SSD to cache partition, then it's already reading only. The defer write option is available when you create a task on the right hand side, the read / write space option is next to the MB size when you creating task.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No read only option?

Post by Support »