Cache Task Battery Saver Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
SamBelanger
Level 1
Level 1

Cache Task Battery Saver

Post by SamBelanger »

Hello, I have a suggestion especially for laptops.

Can we add a battery saver? So when your laptop will be on battery, if you activate an option for that, all the PrimoCache caches will be paused or disconnected to save battery. When the laptop will be plugged on AC, all the caches will start again.

tl;dr: Temporarily pause or unplug L1 and L2. Remove the cache(s) and automatically turn them back on when the laptop is connected to AC.

I hope you love my suggestion and thanks for your software! :D
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cache Task Battery Saver

Post by Support »

Thank you for your suggestion. I don't think pausing cache will save battery much. However, we do have a plan to automatically pause defer-write on battery in order to avoid possible data loss.
SamBelanger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SamBelanger »

Support wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:49 am Thank you for your suggestion. I don't think pausing cache will save battery much. However, we do have a plan to automatically pause defer-write on battery in order to avoid possible data loss.
Thank you for your answer, it's very nice of you! :)
vlbastos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by vlbastos »

Support wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:49 am Thank you for your suggestion. I don't think pausing cache will save battery much. However, we do have a plan to automatically pause defer-write on battery in order to avoid possible data loss.
THIS.
That would be AWESOME, please do that! Excellent safety idea!!!!!

Talking about safety: when Windows Bluescreen happens, does Primocache still work and flush the deferred writes before the uncontrollable restart? :think:
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

vlbastos wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:14 am Talking about safety: when Windows Bluescreen happens, does Primocache still work and flush the deferred writes before the uncontrollable restart? :think:
Sorry but there is no way to keep PrimoCache working when Bluescreen happens.