Unable to get advertised transfer speeds Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
gsrajah9410
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Unable to get advertised transfer speeds

Post by gsrajah9410 »

So how do I accelerate drive C if the partition for the cache is on the same drive as well? Should I not use a partition on a drive for cache and accelerate another partition on that drive as well?

Also, the same file transfer with the settings attached as per defer write of 60 seconds, the file transfer took about 4 Min 45 seconds. Worst case among all earlier scenarios. Please find attachment for the config as you instructed.
Attachments
Defer Write 60 seconds- C drive removed
Defer Write 60 seconds- C drive removed
B7E3D55D-01E3-4270-8FDB-357EF611D0A9.jpeg (151.18 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I checked your current configuration and don't see any problems. Have you compared the native speed of the SSD (where the L2 cache locates) and the backup drive? If the L2 device is slower than the target drive, the write performance also will become slower.
gsrajah9410 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:51 am So how do I accelerate drive C if the partition for the cache is on the same drive as well? Should I not use a partition on a drive for cache and accelerate another partition on that drive as well?
L2 cache is designed to use a faster device to speed up slow drives. So it is meaningless to use itself as L2 cache. PrimoCache automatically disables such configuration. You can use RAM as level-1 cache to speed up SSDs.
gsrajah9410
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gsrajah9410 »

Then what is the use of Primocache if I need to use RAM? I could have very well bought the RAMDisk variant. As said earlier, without primocache a 5.79 GB Windows 10 image copies from C drive( WD 240 GB SSD) to my D drive which is a HDD(WD Blue 4TB), but with whatever setting in Primocache as shared, this fails to perform to its capacity. Obviously any day any SSD has R/W speeds faster than HDD as you know. To sum up, I would like a refund as although I have setup my SSD partition as L2STORAGE and copying to my hard drive (HDD), no configuration of Primocache helps. Instead it slows down. Hence I would like refund of the product by cancelling the license. Please proceed
gsrajah9410
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gsrajah9410 »

Can I expect a reply to my refund process?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

My colleague has processed your request. Please check.