Disable Primo cache when the system HDD is removed

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Toshy
Level 2
Level 2

Disable Primo cache when the system HDD is removed

Post by Toshy »

*can I disable or delete Primocache when the system hard drive is removed and connected to another computer!?
*Can I just delete the Primo Cache program folder to do this?

greetings
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Disable Primo cache when the system HDD is removed

Post by Support »

I'm not sure about the goal you expect. If you want to fully remove PrimoCache before connect the drive to another computer, you should uninstall PrimoCache. Simply deleting the PrimoCache program folder will not stop caching because PrimoCache works at the driver level.
G0bble
Level 1
Level 1

Post by G0bble »

so there is no separate control to simply migrate from ssd cache to HDD to ensure it is safe to remove a HDD? For example I want to continue using Primocache with the other HDDs...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

G0bble wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:00 pm so there is no separate control to simply migrate from ssd cache to HDD to ensure it is safe to remove a HDD? For example I want to continue using Primocache with the other HDDs...
As I understand, the topic is talking about the removal of the system HDD where PrimoCache is installed. If you means the normal HDDs, you can safely remove them. No additional actions are needed. If you means that migrating the system HDD to another computer and still using it as the system HDD, it is recommended that stop caching first.