kernel power 41 63

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
wave
Level 3
Level 3

kernel power 41 63

Post by wave »

A few months ago I installed primocache on my windows 10 pc and everything worked fine. Since then every few days the pc resets and restarts and from the event log I see critical error 41 (63). This sometimes means that I have to restore the pc from the system image if the file system gets corrupted and therefore won't boot. First I thought about a problem in the OS and upgraded to w11 but it didn't fix. Then I tested the ram with memtest86 and with the windows tool and it is ok too. Then I thought that the problem could be the power supply and I bought a new one 80 plus gold but the problem persists. So I resigned myself. I also changed the termal paste and the CPU temperature never exceeds 90°.
Only now I realize that this problem started after I installed primocache. So I'm asking if it can be caused by primocache or a conflict with some other driver or setting. Thank you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: kernel power 41 63

Post by Support »

Kernel-Power 41 (63) occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. It usually means a hardware problem or a driver, or file corruptions. You may check if there were other error events occurred prior to this event.

You may run followings first.
1) sfc /scannow to check the integrity of Windows files.
2) use chkdsk to check if file systems in all drives are good.
3) Turn off Windows Fast Startup to see if it helps.
4) Uninstall PrimoCache to see if the problem still exists.
wave
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wave »

Thanks for the reply.
sfc / scannow found and fixed some files.
If the problem persists I will update this thread
wave
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wave »

the problem returned.
I have disabled the deferred writing, let's see if it resolves.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Unexpected shutdown/reboot will cause the risk of data loss when Defer-Write is enabled. Since your computer and system is not stable, disabling Defer-Write is a good choice.
wave
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wave »

Support wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:02 am Unexpected shutdown/reboot will cause the risk of data loss when Defer-Write is enabled. Since your computer and system is not stable, disabling Defer-Write is a good choice.
disabling defer-write I no longer had a system crash. Evidently the problem was caused by primocache
at least I can continue to benefit from the improved reading performance
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thank you for the information.
wave
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wave »

new update:
the problem continued to persist even with deferred writing disabled so I was resigned.
about 3 months ago with the new geopolitical changes I replaced KIS with Norton deluxe and since then I have not had any problems even with the deferred writing activated set at 300s.
so I suspect the conflict with the previous antivirus driver was somehow going on.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thank you very much for your update!
It seems that the problem is similar to the known issue #017 listed in viewtopic.php?t=2174