Need Added Check Dialog for Deleting Partition When Cache Job is still Active.

Found a bug? Report here
taesong
Level 1
Level 1

Need Added Check Dialog for Deleting Partition When Cache Job is still Active.

Post by taesong »

Windows OS: Windows 10 10.0.01943
Hardware Information
    CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K
    Main Board: Z490 Vision G
    Memory: 128GB DDR4
    Hard Drives: C: 2TB WD D: Seagate 2TB E: Seagate 2TB F: WD 10GB
PrimoCache Version: 4.1.0
Screenshot(s) of your PrimoCache's main dialog showing cache configuration and statistics: Unable at the moment

Problem Description: Primocache 4.0.1 GUI frozen. It didn't check to see if Cache Job Profile for D: drive was deleted before deleting the partition and now it's stuck. Now it's stuck in a kind of a loop and won't respond (greyed out). You may need to code in to check the cache job is deleted before allowing the partition to be deleted or it hangs. Maybe ask the User if he wants to delete the caching job or tell him Partition can not be deleted until the cache job is deleted first.

The cache keeps resetting after failing to install 21H1 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 21H1 (KB500081212) so I thought I would copy games to SSD instead of caching. Keeps rebuilding the cache even though it's not the (C:) affected drive. Games are stored on D: drive.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Need Added Check Dialog for Deleting Partition When Cache Job is still Active.

Post by Support »

Thank you for your feedback! By design, PrimoCache should be able to automatically stop the cache when the target drive/partition is removed/deleted. So only the GUI program frozen, or the whole system got frozen later? Was it able to terminate the GUI program by force in the Windows Task Manager?