[2017-12-21] PrimoCache 3.0.2 released!

First hand news related to PrimoCache
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [2017-12-21] PrimoCache 3.0.2 released!

Post by Jaga »

minhgi wrote:@support

any news on the upcoming version of Primocache. Just eager to test any beta version. lol. Should know by now every 3 months I asked for a new version. Been like this since v.2 and when it was just called fancycache.
I'm actually surprised existing owners haven't been charged a small maintenance fee for continuing upgrades, especially to 3.X. A lifetime license is nice and easy to sell, but the long-term affects on development funding are dismal. I would have been happy to pay a $5 or $10 per copy upgrade fee to keep supporting Romex - at least to cover the next 1-2 major revisions.

Until that happens, I'm perfectly content to wait patiently for whatever they give us. We're getting free upgrades and free development at this point.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

believe me, I want to help and support these guys. I properly bought more license than other users and purchase all the different software that they available :D .

BTW. I definitely agree with the small fee for upgraded version if it enhance performances or get added features. Bug fix or issue would not be counted.
seoseokho83
Level 2
Level 2

Post by seoseokho83 »

i bought 3 - my comp, wife's comp, and old backup comp. has done wonders for me.
TheSmoker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TheSmoker »

Hello,
If I buy a license for 1 computer and later on change my computer, will I be able to transfer the license and used on the totally new computer?
Cheers,
TheSmoker
primouser
Level 2
Level 2

Post by primouser »

TheSmoker wrote:Hello,
If I buy a license for 1 computer and later on change my computer, will I be able to transfer the license and used on the totally new computer?
Cheers,
TheSmoker
Yes, you will be able to transfer your license to new computer.
But there is a limit of unique activations, details are at this link: https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/lic ... icies.html

For Personal License the limit is 5. One license is consumed upon fist activation.
It is not clear how BIOS updates affect the license.

If the license is tied to motherboard ID which usually also contains BIOS version / BIOS date, then you could consume those licenses quickly with regular BIOS updates.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Regular BIOS updates will not affect the license.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

@Support

Can you please provide a change log for the next version? Just want to see what is new and what is getting fixed.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@minhgi,
I'm sorry for the late reply. Currently we're working on following features/improvements.
1. Improve the performance with better process design.
2. Tuning cache algorithm to get better cache hit rate.
3. New writing modes/processes for the defer-write feature.
4. Improve the prefetch feature.
5. Improve the L2 cache reset issue.
6. File-level caching filters.
I'm not sure which features/fixes will be supported in the next version, but we'll implement above features gradually.
Thanks.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

Greatly appreciated. It seem all the feature sets are there to improve the Primocache's performance. I pretty sure others, especially me, looking forward to the next few revisions. Primocache turning out to be the best SSD caching software out on the market. Thanks.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

support wrote:@minhgi,
I'm sorry for the late reply. Currently we're working on following features/improvements.
1. Improve the performance with better process design.
2. Tuning cache algorithm to get better cache hit rate.
3. New writing modes/processes for the defer-write feature.
4. Improve the prefetch feature.
5. Improve the L2 cache reset issue.
6. File-level caching filters.
I'm not sure which features/fixes will be supported in the next version, but we'll implement above features gradually.
Thanks.
Wow - that's an awesome and welcome feature set improvement. Kudos to the team.