[2014-04-16] PrimoCache 1.0.1 released!

First hand news related to PrimoCache
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Re: [2014-04-16] PrimoCache 1.0.1 released!

Post by intika »

idefix44 wrote:To intika:
It seems that your PrimoPlugIn don't works with this 1.0.1 version. All was fine with 0.9.9.

To support:
Yesterday evening, I done 2 things.
- Partitions alignement (using AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.5 - free soft) of the cached volume and the L2Cache volume wich are both HDDs.
- Installation, starting from scratch, of the 1.0.1 version.

All works fine and it seems work smootly than with 0.9.9.
Is the L2Cache managed with a new algorythm?

Thx.
-
As i migrated my current production system i did not have the time to setup all my development environment... i will update the plugin as soon as possible to v1.0.1 ;)
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

have anyone done a complete and thorough testing of it yet.
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Stubi »

intika wrote: Very rare companies test their applications many years over beta release before releasing final distribution, plus when you see alternatives it's all crap...
And personally i thing PrimoCache have been stable since release 0.8, the only think i could comment about romexsoftware is that they are not well managing designs lool, but it's work that's the most important
But I still do not understand why you are so happy that Beta changed to Final (in the end it is just in the name and not so much the coding). I might overlook something. Perhaps you can help me to understand why you are so happy that there is now "final" in the product name. Just a remark. I understand that Romex Software needs to make money to finance the development of this really great product. But you do not talk about this. So help me to understand your view.
gabrielmorrow
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gabrielmorrow »

Stubi wrote:
intika wrote: Very rare companies test their applications many years over beta release before releasing final distribution, plus when you see alternatives it's all crap...
And personally i thing PrimoCache have been stable since release 0.8, the only think i could comment about romexsoftware is that they are not well managing designs lool, but it's work that's the most important
But I still do not understand why you are so happy that Beta changed to Final (in the end it is just in the name and not so much the coding). I might overlook something. Perhaps you can help me to understand why you are so happy that there is now "final" in the product name. Just a remark. I understand that Romex Software needs to make money to finance the development of this really great product. But you do not talk about this. So help me to understand your view.
well a few things first off it did fix a few bugs

second of all every piece of software needs to move from beta to final at some point "it doesnt matter to me if it was beta forever or final i already bought my license years ago"

there will always be bugs in software look at windows xp Microsoft spent years and years fixing bugs every month yet even now there are still bugs that it will never fix

if you waited to make a product final after ever bug was killed you'd never have seen windows xp hit the market in the first place
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

Personally, I would have to say this product have come / gone long way from its initial alpha release. Pretty good piece of software that i have test against similar products, and it just beat the hack out of the competition in performance and user control.

I still need to test it out thoroughly for stability.
Yozzer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Yozzer »

This has been running a few days now on my PC, and I have tested it as far as I can, and for the use I give it, it is working very well, so many congratulations.
I fully understand what some have written regarding beta and final releases, and the requirement for ongoing patches, but it has, in my opinion, evolved considerably since I first started using fancycache, and it has become a highly sophisticated piece of software, and something that should lead the market in my view. The support has been excellent, both from Romex and the members of this forum, which I feel sure will continue as the product continues to evolve, which will ensure the product is a success, so best wishes and good fortune to Romex.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Stubi wrote:
it's not about labeling.

First it's not a free software, it need to be "for sale", this peace of software is really amazing. and there is no software like it in the market in term of stability etc. then the developer deserve to start making business from their hard work, i am happy to see the product coming to it's final version also because the product was a bit dead with no updates almost 1 year or more... then when i see new version i am happy because it let us now that the product will still be there.

An other thing is about technology, hard drive evolution is growing very fast with SSD in few years fancy cache will became useless when SSD will become as fast as ram, then Romex Software deserve getting something from their work before it become too late.

if you want to use the product for free, then just stick with old free beta, you seem disappointed because the product is no more free, this peace of software don't deserve to be free neither cracked.

Also programming drivers is very very very hard...

any way... off useless topic.
gabrielmorrow
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gabrielmorrow »

http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/prim ... chase.html

is where you can buy it and i got a killer deal a few years back when it was still in beta as fancycache
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Stubi »

intika wrote:

if you want to use the product for free, then just stick with old free beta, you seem disappointed because the product is no more free, this peace of software don't deserve to be free neither cracked.

Also programming drivers is very very very hard...

any way... off useless topic.
You do not have the feeling that your assumption is very insulting? For sure not otherwise you would not have written this.
wavetrex
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wavetrex »

So, basically, 8 days remaining out of "beta" ( until end of April ) then it's purchase time ?

Well, I might consider it, this seems to be an useful software for my computer which has 32 gigs of ram ;)