cache hit 50% after boot.

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
0WaxMan0
Level 2
Level 2

cache hit 50% after boot.

Post by 0WaxMan0 »

I have a 96GB lvl 2 cache and 1GB lvl Cache read only LFU-R with a 4KB Block windows 8.1 12GB Ram.
The lvl 2 cache is set to my 2TB primary boot and application drive and seems to be used (total read: 1132GB, Cached Read: 572GB, L2 Storage Read:266GB, L2 Storage Write 13GB with a total write of 384GB and lastly Free Cache (L1/L2) 32MB / 977MB)
At boot there is a lot of physical disk activity along with UI /explorer.exe delays / blocking (it takes a long time for my system to become usable) and my cache hit rate starts at 50% and stays there from boot (I assume that this is total not session) is there any way I can see the session statistics? or have any view of what is not being cached as part of the start up process.
When the drive was being populated regularly (due to blue screen crash bug in 9.1) I seemed to see better system responsiveness after first caching until loss of cache. I think I am being dense and missing something obvious after loading an application and using it a few times I will still see lots of disk activity on future launches / uses.

Thanks for help and suggestions.