V9.2 Hung During Install On Windows 8.1

Found a bug? Report here
vlauecall
Level 1
Level 1

V9.2 Hung During Install On Windows 8.1

Post by vlauecall »

I came across this software and out of interest was going to trial it, as it seemed it may be able to use the invisible memory on my laptop which is currently unused and give the laptop a performance boost.

I am running Windows 8.1 32 bit on a Dell Latitude D620 laptop with 4GB of RAM and a 512GB hard disk.

I downloaded the install zip file for version 9.2, extracted the setup program from it and ran it, the software installed and I allowed it to restart my computer.

I then ran the software and clicked the use Invisible Memory along with allowing Hibernate support. It displayed the processing box and that was it, several minutes later it was still displaying the processing box, looking in task manager this applications CPU usage and disk access was zero, so not sure what, where or how it was processing.

I eventually killed it through the task manager and uninstalled the software, trial failed, the software did not work at all.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: V9.2 Hung During Install On Windows 8.1

Post by Support »

I think Dell D620 uses Intel 945GM chip which doesn't support Invisible Memory. Please see
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/know ... .html#prep