[2013-07-26] PrimoCache beta 0.9.1 released!

First hand news related to PrimoCache
Zzyzx
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [2013-07-26] PrimoCache beta 0.9.1 released!

Post by Zzyzx »

Hello,

I've upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and everything is fine, but it still says I have 3 days left on my evaluation. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you,
Zzyzx

EDIT: I've posted this in the bugs sub-forum, since that seems to be the most appropriate place for it. Sorry for any clutter. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2175
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Zzyzx wrote:Hello,

I've upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and everything is fine, but it still says I have 3 days left on my evaluation. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thank you,
Zzyzx

EDIT: I've posted this in the bugs sub-forum, since that seems to be the most appropriate place for it. Sorry for any clutter. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2175
You can try this key
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2153
doquan0
Level 1
Level 1

Post by doquan0 »

TELVM wrote: If you on client 32-bit Vista or Se7en, they can be fine tuned to dodge the ~3.25GB limit and use 64GB or more of RAM. No more 'invisible' memory:

Click to expand => Image

Both Fancy and Primo work OK in unlimited 32-bit Se7en, I've tested it.

Let me know if you want details about the procedure.
Hi TELVM
Would you kindly show us how to make Windows 7 32bit recognize all 4GB RAM ?
Thanks
TELVM
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TELVM »

doquan0 wrote:Hi TELVM
Would you kindly show us how to make Windows 7 32bit recognize all 4GB RAM ?
Thanks
Sure. The fundamentals:

Licensed Memory in 32-Bit Windows Vista, by Geoff Chappell

3 GB barrier - Wikipedia

The procedure:

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl ... p4KWkghnSg

In this capture of Sysinternals RamMap the dark grey sector in the left column includes 6GB for Primocache, plus overhead:

intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Hello...

Nice advanced windows tuning here :)

i am using the trick many years ago... because 64 bit system is just crap, 64 bit system is good for specific application and specific environment, not for windows... for a server i could understand otherwise microsoft is just adding more crap to the system.

SOME THING VERY IMPORTANT ABOUT THAT MODIFICATION :

You should be quite aware about what you are doing, because it could work fine and look like it's working fine but it could make the system unstable after some times. (why ? read what's next)

First before answering why, you should know that the missing of signing the kernel edited file with microsoft key result in a constant use of system debug mode, plus you have to remove watermark to have a clean system.
Also as the main kernel file is modified, some antivirus could not work fine even if you ignore the issue, plus some Microsoft Checking application will report the issue. any way to bypass that issue you should always leave the original file "ntkrnlpa.exe" at his place and untouched !!! and use an a modified one with an other name like "ntkrnlpatched.exe" (in the same system directory) some patch application do it well, but not all !!! ... you have to check every thing manually to be sure about what it's doing, when you use an other file like "ntkrnlpatched.exe" you just need to point the bootloader to that file, for security you can leave default one to boot the system without patch if you have a problem some day. and add an other menu boot entry pointing to your kernel file. (you could also tune the boot menu for tcpip.sys if you also patched this file)

One all those thing tooked in consideration, unfortunately it's not done at all. and here where i answer the why
"Windows Update" is a must be enabled to have a secure system, YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND that "ntkrnlpa.exe" get updated automatically to new version every 3 month less or more (same issue for tcpip.sys) and using an old outdated patched version after a system update is not a verry good idea, then you have to check every time you make an update if "ntkrnlpa.exe" version have changed and if so, update your "ntkrnlpatched.exe" by re patching the new version.

For me i have made a little application that compare version of "ntkrnlpa.exe" and "ntkrnlpatched.exe" at every boot, then it notify me with a little popup when the version change (get updated) to remember me to update and repatch my file.... my application just boot with the system check the version notify if changed and end (it's not running all the time) i can provide it in here if needed :) it also check change for tcpip.sys ... it's not a big deal, but i just have to re patch the kernel it take 5 min. plus i don't have to worry about it that way :)

to give you an idea, i am using the patch since 2009 and patched the kernel 15 times since that

hope these infos will be helpful ;)

n.b. : for those who are not advanced user, using the primocache feature for hidden memory is a good solution.
n.b.2 : i never want to talk about that patch in here in the past because it may may be a replacement for hidden memory feature.

Cheers ^^
TELVM
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TELVM »

intika wrote:... For me i have made a little application that compare version of "ntkrnlpa.exe" and "ntkrnlpatched.exe" at every boot, then it notify me with a little popup when the version change (get updated) to remember me to update and repatch my file.... my application just boot with the system check the version notify if changed and end (it's not running all the time) i can provide it in here if needed :) it also check change for tcpip.sys ... it's not a big deal, but i just have to re patch the kernel it take 5 min. plus i don't have to worry about it that way :) ...
Sounds interesting, would you share? :mrgreen:
intika wrote:to give you an idea, i am using the patch since 2009 and patched the kernel 15 times since that
Same here, running W7 x32 managing the full 16GB of RAM for years.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

TELVM wrote:
intika wrote:... For me i have made a little application that compare version of "ntkrnlpa.exe" and "ntkrnlpatched.exe" at every boot, then it notify me with a little popup when the version change (get updated) to remember me to update and repatch my file.... my application just boot with the system check the version notify if changed and end (it's not running all the time) i can provide it in here if needed :) it also check change for tcpip.sys ... it's not a big deal, but i just have to re patch the kernel it take 5 min. plus i don't have to worry about it that way :) ...
Sounds interesting, would you share? :mrgreen:
intika wrote:to give you an idea, i am using the patch since 2009 and patched the kernel 15 times since that
Same here, running W7 x32 managing the full 16GB of RAM for years.
Sure dude :)
My application is made with Delphi 2009

Here is the application and sources... the application check for tcpip.sys and warn with a checkbox when it change, it also check the ntkrlpa.exe and warn when change... the application start check, and auto close you can add it to starting application to have it starting every boot... if you want to use compiled version it actually compare
"C:\Windows\System32\ntkrnlpa.exe" and "C:\Windows\System32\ntkrintika.exe"
"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys" and "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys.backup"

otherwise just open the project on delphi and change the edittext value and recompile, or maybe you can change the value directly on the binary with a hex editor...

Note : The application don't open any Graphic page when you run it, it only warn when the version is changed.

Capture
See next post

Download
See next post

Cheers ;)
Last edited by intika on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TELVM
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TELVM »

Thanks Intika! Image
molitar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by molitar »

I agree thanks Intika! I been running mine with 12GB for years also using patched kernel so this app is nice. Should of used an ini file to read value so the ini could be edited with new version.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

You are welcome guys :)
molitar wrote: I agree thanks Intika! I been running mine with 12GB for years also using patched kernel so this app is nice. Should of used an ini file to read value so the ini could be edited with new version.
Yeah ini version would be nicer, as we are now many to use it... i will try to make a new version...
i made it like that because i was the only user :)
molitar wrote: May I ask what program you use to patch the kernel? I been using a patcher that creates a second kernel and the boot loader points to that kernel but than that means it never gets patched. Sounds like you have a better patch method that points to the new patch kernel and than this application of yours lets you know there is an update to patch the new file. I would like a copy of that patcher so I can update my kernel when it's updated.
Thanks.

I forgot to mention the one I am using does not currently show the version I am using. Same with the tcp/ip patcher that I use to crack the 10 concurrent connection limit so the app will not work for me at this time unless I can get pointed to or get a copy of the patcher you use for these two limitations.

4GB limit patch
10 concurrent connection patch.
Thanks
i am making the new version that support ini...