64-Bit Support?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
BEH
Level 1
Level 1

64-Bit Support?

Post by BEH »

The online documentation describes the benefits of FancyCache for 32-bit systems, effectively using hi-memory. I have a 64-bit system and I wanted to know if I can use it and if my system will benefit from using it. I looked into a Ram Disk but do not want to reinstall my applications at this time. I may consider that approach on my next new system. I am presently using Windows 7 - 64 bit Enterprise Edition.
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 64-Bit Support?

Post by Incriminated »

on 64-bit mashine you dont have invisible memory. invisible memory is making physically 64-bit memory (+4GiB) available and take use of it on 32-bit OS, some 32-bit OS even have lower mem available than 4GiB because it somehow has to virtually address devices.

Fancy cache service is able to address 64-bit memory of cause. I guess thats why the next version beta 0.9.0 (see next version?-thread) installs in *\Program Files\ instead of *\Program Files (X86)" anyways the GUI is a 32-bit app. ;)

simply address more L1 now you have more than 4GiB available.
darkstar01
Level 1
Level 1

Post by darkstar01 »

Where can I download the latest beta for FancyCache? I've been unable to find the download link, I've had to stop using the 0.8.0 version as it keeps crashing my system. I hope the 0.9.0 version is less crashy.
darkstar01
Level 1
Level 1

Post by darkstar01 »

Also like previous posters on the forums am also tired of SanDisks ExpressCache as it is more buggy and more full of bugs lol, I will even buy FancyCache if you guys update it. Thank you keep up the good work RomexSoftware.
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

Whats the connection to "64-bit support?"-Thread here.
Your postings are totally off-topic, while "support" posted on "Next Version?"-Thread.
Hi all,

Thank you for your attention and patience!

As some users are interested in the new version, here is a beta version can be downloaded for preview. It is a total new program and not based on the previous version of FancyCache. Also, the product name is changed to PrimoCache. Most features are implemented in this version, though some features are not enabled in this version. As this is a preview version, we highly recommend that you test it on a non-production machine and make a backup of system before testing.

This version can be downloaded via the link below,
http://www.romexsoftware.com/download/p ... .Setup.zip

We would very much appreciate any comments you have!
try learn how to use a forum and how to read headlines properly. wasn't that hard.