[2012-04-19] v0.8.0 was released.. now it's 3-2013

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
Nina
Level 4
Level 4

[2012-04-19] v0.8.0 was released.. now it's 3-2013

Post by Nina »

almost 1 year! and you don't have a new version? just thought that you're working hard on this project.. good luck!
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Re: [2012-04-19] v0.8.0 was released.. now it's 3-2013

Post by minhgi »

I wish they can give us an insight on the progress. It would keep us inform and interest in the fancycache. I have check here regularly for over a year. I stop posting b/c of lost lost interest.
turkina
Level 3
Level 3

Post by turkina »

minhgi wrote:I wish they can give us an insight on the progress. It would keep us inform and interest in the fancycache. I have check here regularly for over a year. I stop posting b/c of lost lost interest.
Same here. I really want to buy this software once they fix the memory leak with using SSDs as layer 2 cache.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Really sorry for the delay of this project because of some unexpected issues. We haven't updated FancyCache yet because we have to start a totally new design to fix issues and improve performances for l2 caching. Also we try to implement some new features that will increase the usefulness.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

turkina wrote:
minhgi wrote:I wish they can give us an insight on the progress. It would keep us inform and interest in the fancycache. I have check here regularly for over a year. I stop posting b/c of lost lost interest.
Same here. I really want to buy this software once they fix the memory leak with using SSDs as layer 2 cache.
Welcome to the team lol ^^ same 4 me...
support wrote:Really sorry for the delay of this project because of some unexpected issues. We haven't updated FancyCache yet because we have to start a totally new design to fix issues and improve performances for l2 caching. Also we try to implement some new features that will increase the usefulness.
You already made a brilliant work ! and no other product could be compared to yours, as systems are changing you are taking a lot of time (delay), hope you made good decisions in the new architectural :) ... you should launch it as v1 because time is money !!! lol and continue working on next versions.
You should make a server version also, because you application is a must have on a server !!!!!!!! a database server will be in heaven with FC lol hahahaha any way think right, and don't hesitate to make an inquiry over here on the direction that you took for the new version, more opinions you will have better choice you will make :) any way it's been a year, i think choices are already made lol
any way don't forget that you are coming with a quality product !!!
may be you could start your business with corporate entity with a dedicated version, you could get a lot, and their systems are nor as complicated and different as every body system... look at Symantec they are owning gold with corporate product ! ...
any way just one last thing don't wait to make a huge step ! it could be a big failure mostly in software technology, your testings machine represent maybe at most 10% similar market system... i remember earlier version too buggy ! and look at concurrence they are working with an "alpha" product pretending it final version
any way hope it's okay for you and good look !!!!
you are making our machine becoming amazing !
Thanks !
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

Another few months have passed. I found this project recently and were really baffled... reasonable piece of software. To bad there's no improvement over nearly a year. There's so much opportunity left. Best wishes.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

I do not understand why it is so hard to give us a status with the progress. Don't just said that it is being work on. Great that we know it is being work on, how about a little detail. Say something like this feature is being added and we can have a discussion about that. It is not so hard to do. That way it would give us some insight and have an interesting discussion on that implementation. The developer can then join in as well and have pep talk with us. Most of us forum user are either computer enthusiastic or system admin that is interest in the development cycle of the product. The programmer does not require listen to us about the programing or how to program Fancycache from us, but definitely having the programmers interact with us forum user would be such a great experiences.

Waiting to hear about any news of the product for one year sure is aggravating.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

The new version will come out this month. Again, we're sorry about the no updates thing. We took some time to collect, and study testers' feedback about bugs and feature requests. We have to redesign the whole program to implement these new features and fix bugs. In the coming new version, we have added most of features that users want, such as persist ssd cache. Thank you for your patience.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

Hello Support,

Thansk for the news. Looking forward to testing it.
Nina
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Nina »

Many thanks @ Support!. Hope to test it ASAP ^_^.