Pagefile on Ramdisk - double boot issue Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
Janusz
Level 1
Level 1

Pagefile on Ramdisk - double boot issue

Post by Janusz »

Recently I built new PC (with Asus P8P67 motherboard, i7 2700k CPU, 16 GB RAM 2 SSD disk and one HDD disk), but for some reasons I can't move on 64-bit Windows (currently I've installed Win 8 RTM 32-bit). For utilize invisible memory I decided move pagefile on ramdisk. Generally, it works well, but when PC is launched, OS is booted twice, because during first boot occurs OS error call stack (event system log) and OS is restarted. After restart OS works OK until next PC shutdown/turn on (restart doesn't cause errors). I think this is, because pagefile is initiated before ramdisk during start up.
Could you tell me if this possible avoid this issue?

Best regards,
Janusz
Manny
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Pagefile on Ramdisk - double boot issue

Post by Manny »

try to set up small page file on boot volume 32 - 128 mb

Also i would suggest to try once more with 64 bit os, if you want you can post the issue you are facing here.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

If you use Win 8, I think you may try to disable "fast startup". Data in Invisible Memory will not be stored by Windows, however Windows still try to access them if "fast startup" is enabled. Thus problems occur.

To disable "fast startup", Check out the steps below.
1) Go to the new system Start menu and type “Power Options.”
2) As a result screen that opens, select the “Settings” in the rightmost column, and select the item “Choose what the Power button do.”
3) The System Settings window is displayed. Locate the option “Shutdown Settings” and uncheck “Turn on fast startup (recommended)”.
Janusz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Janusz »

support wrote:If you use Win 8, I think you may try to disable "fast startup". Data in Invisible Memory will not be stored by Windows, however Windows still try to access them if "fast startup" is enabled. Thus problems occur.

To disable "fast startup", Check out the steps below.
1) Go to the new system Start menu and type “Power Options.”
2) As a result screen that opens, select the “Settings” in the rightmost column, and select the item “Choose what the Power button do.”
3) The System Settings window is displayed. Locate the option “Shutdown Settings” and uncheck “Turn on fast startup (recommended)”.
Excellent Support! It solved issue.

Best regards,
Janusz