Pressing keys erases Peformance Statistics

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
JimF
Level 4
Level 4

Pressing keys erases Peformance Statistics

Post by JimF »

When I wake up my monitor from power-down mode, I usually press the Return or Enter key on the keyboard. But it appears that pressing these keys also resets the Performance Statistics, whenever I leave it running. Can this behavior be changed to prevent the loss of data when pressing these keys?
Mradr
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Pressing keys erases Peformance Statistics

Post by Mradr »

JimF wrote:When I wake up my monitor from power-down mode, I usually press the Return or Enter key on the keyboard. But it appears that pressing these keys also resets the Performance Statistics, whenever I leave it running. Can this behavior be changed to prevent the loss of data when pressing these keys?
Werid I never seen this issue before... let me do some testing....

^^ Good news! It's not actully the shutdown/power-down mode of the pc. The issue comes from that fact Performance Statisitics is in the forgound/active state. Try this: click on another program as your computer is about to shutdown/sleep mode. When you resume, it should pass the enter/return key to that other program while still keeping the Satisitcs program going just fine.

At least that is what my test was showing O.o; If not, let me know, and I'll try what you do. Other wise, that should do the trick and help you keep it up while you leave it running.

Oh, what os are you using Window xp-vista-7-8?

Hope this post helps ^^ Have a good day/week! :P

Also, if support does come in here, he means he wants the Reset button to be click-able only and not keyboard access-able.
JimF
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JimF »

Mradr wrote:Try this: click on another program as your computer is about to shutdown/sleep mode. When you resume, it should pass the enter/return key to that other program while still keeping the Satisitcs program going just fine.

Thanks for looking into this. I am not sure how to do your test though, since clicking on another program will just keep the monitor awake (it is on a 15 minute timeout).
It seems to me that this is the usual way to monitor statistics over a long period of time, so I would be interested if there is a better way to do it.

I am using Win7 64-bit.
Mradr
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mradr »

JimF wrote:
Mradr wrote:Try this: click on another program as your computer is about to shutdown/sleep mode. When you resume, it should pass the enter/return key to that other program while still keeping the Satisitcs program going just fine.

Thanks for looking into this. I am not sure how to do your test though, since clicking on another program will just keep the monitor awake (it is on a 15 minute timeout).
It seems to me that this is the usual way to monitor statistics over a long period of time, so I would be interested if there is a better way to do it.

I am using Win7 64-bit.

Open up the Performance Statisitics.. open up windows IE. Click IE and then wait 15mins or till your monitor turns off.
Hit enter/return and the key will be sent to IE instead of Performance Statisitics keeping the Performance Statisitics up and running ^^
JimF
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JimF »

OK, I can get that to work, but only if I leave IE maximized. (If I minimize IE to the taskbar, then I lose the statistics upon waking up the monitor again.)

Thanks for the tip, but I hope that they change FancyCache to eliminate the need for such measures.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thank you all! We'll fix it later.