deferred write

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
michaelleewebb
Level 1
Level 1

deferred write

Post by michaelleewebb »

i'm using a deferred write time of 5 minutes. i was wondering if fancycache writes the deferred blocks if the computer goes into sleep mode. my machine never really locks up. but the few times it has was when it was in sleep mode and couldn't come back out of it.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: deferred write

Post by Support »

FancyCache flush the deferred data when computer goes into the hibernate mode. In sleep mode (power still on), it doesn't, unless hybrid sleep is on.
fsommer1968
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fsommer1968 »

I still think that an option "flush cache before entering suspend" would be a good idea.

Any thoughts about that ?

- Frank
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Well, thanks, we'll consider your suggestion.
kalua
Level 4
Level 4

Post by kalua »

I'll second the request for an option to flush writes when entering S3 suspend. Sometimes my system hangs when trying to resume from S3 suspend. Data safety should be the highest importance.
Flyingcircus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Flyingcircus »

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I was wondering if this behaviour has been changed and Primocache will flush any deferred data before entering suspend.
Since there is no visible option to check or uncheck and since it's hard to check with a system resume time of a couple seconds I thought I'd ask.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

PrimoCache v1.0.1 doesn't change the behavior on defer-write and it doesn't flush deferred write-data on sleep/suspend. It does on hibernation.