How to configure FancyCache with SSD?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
sst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sst »

I have an internal Sata drive 30Gig SSD Ntfs, with Drive letter E:. I whant to use it with FancyCache.

Then how to configure it the best way, ... inside FancyCache
sst
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to configure FancyCache with SSD?

Post by Support »

Hi sst,

Usually you can use the default settings. For the explaination of the configuration options, you may see
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/fanc ... /help.html

And another thing shall be mentioned: To get the best read performance, it is recommended that the Block Size of FancyCache is set to be equal to or less than the cluster size of the file system. This rule applies to 1) FancyCache Volume Edition, 2) FancyCache Disk Edition if the drive is SSD and was partitioned under Win7.

Thanks.
jacer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jacer »

I have a raid 0 array with 2 500gb Western Digital RE4's. I plugged in a spare SSD that I had that I would like to use for a cache for the array to speed things up.

I have the block size on the cache set to match the array, and I think I have the right check boxes selected, but nothing is caching. What's wrong with my configuration?

jacer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jacer »

Nevermind, figured it out I think. Enable caching on the raid array and select my X drive for level 2.
sparkler
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sparkler »

the pic above show you caching your ssd and storing the cache on your raid 0 array anyways i wouldn't depend on level 2 cache atm its not very useful as its deleted when restarting and it takes a while to fill up the level 1 cache needs to be used up first