Speed Issues

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Nekoman
Level 2
Level 2

Speed Issues

Post by Nekoman »

Hello I am having some trouble with the speed of the ram drive created. I tried both SCSI and Direct IO as well as Overlapped and Non-Overlapped the issue seems to keep popping up for me.
I'm using a Sandy-bridge Chip-set with 16GB DDR3 RAM. Specifically a Notebook model Sager 8150-S1.

The speed is consistent and fast and mostly linear until after 128kb test under ATTO Disk Benchmark then the speeds get wacky sometimes the read is lower than an ssd and sometimes its the write.

I want to purchase the vSuite Ramdisk software Server version because I like all of its features. I even tried the newer primo ramdisk software and the issue appears to happen in both.

I do not experience the speed issue when I am using just fancy cache set up with a very large cache so i'm not sure whats going on. I did disable fancy cache during the ram drive testing/usage.

I am attaching screen shots of the ATTO Benchmark. Let me know if you need any more information to assist.

The Ram Drive specs that were used during the testing. Size: 3Gig (3072) NTFS Default 4k Cluster Direct IO Non-Dynamic.
Attachments
Primo Standard
Primo Standard
primo.jpg (209.01 KiB) Viewed 11221 times
vSuite Ramdisk Server Edition
vSuite Ramdisk Server Edition
vsuite.jpg (214.11 KiB) Viewed 11221 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Speed Issues

Post by Support »

Hi Nekoman,

I remember that the ATTO tools cannot measure the speed above 4294 MB/s. The testing result will overflow, and ATTO only displays the remaining data. Perhaps you may try the IoMeter tools.