Define Flush Cache Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
gtaus
Level 1
Level 1

Define Flush Cache

Post by gtaus »

I have downloaded a trial version of PrimoCache, primarily to speed up my file transfers. I have PrimoCache set to write only, deferred write. While trying out various latency periods, I reduced the time from 60 seconds to 40 seconds and received the notice that it would "Flush the Cache" and do I want to proceed. From the warning/message, I don't know if flushing the cache in PrimoCache writes the data to disc and saves the data on the way out or just deletes all data in the L1 cache and the data is lost forever. I don't want to automatically assume that PrimoCache would write deferred data when it performs a cache flush. Would you please define how PrimoCache performs the process of flushing cache with write deferred data in L1 cache - destructive or save to disc. Thank you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Define Flush Cache

Post by Support »

"Flush the cache" means that PrimoCache writes all deferred write-data in the cache to the underlying physical disk.
gtaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gtaus »

Thank you for clarifying the flushing process.

For newbies as myself, I would suggest that the PrimoCache warning message be reworded to state, instead of "flushing" that PrimoCache will "write cached data to disc" and exit - do you want to continue? Flushing, to me, sounded like it could be destructive, so I wanted to be sure I understood what you meant. Again, thank you.
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

May be "newbies" like you can use a dictionnary...
gtaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gtaus »

Wow, I did not expect to get flamed on a question to tech support on your product that I am trying out before I buy. With support like that I know I will end my trial period now and NOT purchase your product. Goodbye to you and your product.
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

Oops.
Sorry "support".
Seems to be bad for your business but if he need it he'll buy it...
rutra80
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rutra80 »

gtaus, idefix44 is not an official support representative, just an ordinary user.
ph33rz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ph33rz »

idefix44 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 pm May be "newbies" like you can use a dictionnary...
maybe a*** like you should learn to spell before being a total d***. Besides what the hell does a dictionary have to do with him asking a question about this software and the flush data option if anything to me it sounds like it would flush the data from the cache and not write it to the disk. Also Yes i registered to comment on a 4 year old post idgaf ;) Simply tired of people getting shit on for asking a question.