Found a bug? Report here
PeterUK
Level 1
Level 1

PrimoCache not starting with Standard User Account

Post by PeterUK »

Greetings!

Not sure whether this is a bug...

PrimoCache is able to auto load when a user account has Administrative rights... but with accounts that has Standard rights, when the account is logged into it does not auto load... when I try to load PrimoCache manually, administrative Password is required to load... I do not wish to give administrative rights to this account or wish to enter the password everytime I load it manually.

Tentative solution... boot Win 10, log in to Standard account... Load PrimoCache with Admin rights and go into Hibernation mode when not in use... so that whoever is using the standard user account doesn't need to keep asking administrator to input password to load...

Is there a simpler solution? maybe set up a policy/service?

edit: also I've just noticed that the screen/monitor doesn't appear to shut down when idle. So to test, I'd turn off PrimoCache and screen goes dim after 10 min per my settings in Windows...

PrimoCache version: 2.0.0
Cache Settings: Level 1 Cache with 1GB RAM, Cluste Size 4KB
Windows OS: Windows 10
Hardware Information (CPU/Motherboard/Memory/Harddisks): NVidia 9600M GT, Acer Aspire 6930G, 4GB RAM DDR2, Intel Core Duo Pro P7450.
Description:
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: PrimoCache not starting with Standard User Account

Post by Support »

PrimoCache has two parts: driver and GUI application. The driver part is always automatically running weather you logon with Admin accounts or not. So after you created a cache task with admin rights, the cache keeps working even you don't logon. The GUI application just for cache control. It don't need to be loaded to keep cache working. As setting a cache task requires admin rights, GUI application cannot run with standard user account.
PeterUK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PeterUK »

Thanks, that makes sense, what about Win10 Not falling asleep when PrimoCache is running in Win10 with standard user account?

Or does it only work in admin account? - will give it a try since being away on a break...

Regards,

Peter
anbu
Level 4
Level 4

Post by anbu »

Hallo Peter,

for my standard user account on Windows 10. Primocache works fine, without Problems. Only for the settings or to see the GUI he (Windows) will ask for the admin pwd. So, i have no Problems with Windows 10 (together with PrimoCache) and running a account without admin rights.

Kind regards
anbu