Deactivating a license for Windows re install / different pc

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
eddamoo
Level 1
Level 1

Deactivating a license for Windows re install / different pc

Post by eddamoo »

Hi all,

Firstly I'm a registered user already and want to buy more licenses for my other machines and potentially work, I love this little program!

The only thing bugging me it's what do I do when I reformat my pc? There seems to be no way currently to un register my PC so is my license now simply bound to that Windows installation?

Please help, I'm itching to pull the trigger on buying more, but this limitation will prevent many people.

Thanks, Ed
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Deactivating a license for Windows re install / differen

Post by InquiringMind »

If you are just reformatting a system without (significantly) changing hardware, then your current registration key should still work (if you've not made a copy already, you should do so now). If you're installing on a new system, you will either need to re-activate online or contact Romex for a new key for offline activation.

As long as Romex stay in business, you shouldn't encounter major problems (offline activation may involve a wait, but the software has a 90-day trial). However the Registration key query thread does highlight the problems with online activation generally.
eddamoo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by eddamoo »

Thanks for your response. It's a shame that you cannot formally unregister as yet.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

The license will not be affected if you only reinstall Windows, and you can just do the activation after Windows is reinstalled. If you change the motherboard or want to transfer a license to a new computer of yours, please email to [email protected]. Thanks for your support!