Invisible memory detection and noncontiguous locations

Suggestions around PrimoCache
willaim
Level 2
Level 2

Invisible memory detection and noncontiguous locations

Post by willaim »

I've an AM2+ MB with Onboard Video Adapter-ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (1024 MB), South Bridge-AMD SB700, North Bridge- AMD RS780

I'm sure similar happens on other systems as well.

First off perhaps you can add checking to PC for actual unused locations I didn't see anything through everest on the ACPI tables specifically the SRAT though it did give me the bounds.However in device manager with VIEW->Resources by connection(or in everest) -- Under >memory I can look and see where my graphics card has been put into this invisible memory in multiple locations 65mb at the start a 1K chunk then ~236 MB used then a ~768mb chunk; anyway you get the point, creating pockets of IM memory not just one contiguous chunk which leads to the second part of this suggestion.
Specifically, Better awareness by PC of usable locations within IM, possible visible usage of this whole ram area as well, better support for noncontiguous locations in IM at the moment I'm missing out on 768 mb or so for now i've just put a ramdisk in this area

easiest would probably just be to have several inputs for IM creation to facilitate multiple chunks, each time you add one the next box appears if there is any left to be consumed.