Invisible Memory does not work anymore Topic is solved

Found a bug? Report here
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Invisible Memory does not work anymore

Post by Stubi »

I have to caches for C and D and both in invisible memory. This works. Now I delete the cache for drive c and create it again with invisible memory - it does not take it anymore. Please check attachments.
Attachments
Invisible Memory does not work anymore.png
Invisible Memory does not work anymore.png (71.55 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
Invisible Memory does not work anymore 2.png
Invisible Memory does not work anymore 2.png (10.1 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
Invisible Memory does not work anymore 3.png
Invisible Memory does not work anymore 3.png (71.85 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Invisible Memory does not work anymore

Post by Support »

You may restart the computer and try again. When you delete an IM fragment, IM space may not be continous. So the maximum continuous IM space is less than 1800MB, even the total IM available space is 2400MB. You can solve it by restarting the computer.
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Stubi »

I did not want to restart. So I deleted the second cache too and created both again. This worked then. But perhaps there should be an information that you have to restart. The software knows the wrong state since it could not reserve this memory area as show in the screen shots but it did not tell me. How it is now it was confusing.

By the way - did not want to open a new topic for it. What gets on my nerves is when I want to change the cache size and take out the existing value so that I can enter a new one. I always get the pop-up to enter a positive integer. Could this not be checked later for instance when I press START or when I leave the entry field and move to a different one?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Stubi wrote:Could this not be checked later for instance when I press START or when I leave the entry field and move to a different one?
Thanks for the suggestion!