Suggestion: Revert to the saved image

Report bugs or suggestions around VSuite Ramdisk
Bilal
Level 1
Level 1

Suggestion: Revert to the saved image

Post by Bilal »

Hi there,

I'm not used to voluntary write on the web but because Romex Ramdisk is wonderful program that when compared with others competitors I've found it is the best.
I see it still missing an important feature, Revert/Reload to the saved image file.

I do sometimes many changes on the files on the RAMDisk for testing purposes (without saving to the image file), then I want sometime to go back to the original files saved on the image file, there is no option to REVERT the Ramdisk to the contents of the image file.

So I have to restart my computer so that the image file will reloaded again, I've found another way to create two image files, the original A, and any other B but with the same size (by saving for example the RAM disk to a second dummy image file), then I associate the RAMDisk with image B, after that I re-associate to the image A, so image A will be reloaded without the need to restart my computer.

I found this is time consuming and it is better to have an option to RELOAD/ REVERT the image file , and the button will be available (active) only if the RAMDisk is associated with an image file.

Looking for a new version with this feature.

Best Regards.