Missing files on RamDisk after reboot

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
Tater1180
Level 1
Level 1

Missing files on RamDisk after reboot

Post by Tater1180 »

Hi,

I created an 8Gb RD to hold a Game so that when i'm playing alot, load times will be almost non-existent. My problem is that after the computer goes to sleep, or reboots, I am missing key files to Launch the Software. I get an error when trying to launch.

I created the RD as an IO-Disk, and created an image to save to and load from. Load Delay was turned off, although because it's a trial I can't turn off Quick Save Mode. It's my gaming computer i'm not worried about Boot times. If I know that we can get this fixed, I'm certain I'll end up buying the software, as I think RAM is faster than my old SSD and it seems it should last longer! Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks!!

Tater
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Missing files on RamDisk after reboot

Post by Support »

Hi Tater1180,

I think some settings were not correctly configured. Can you export the ramdisk settings to us? And what's your Windows OS? Thanks.
RAMDISK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RAMDISK »

Hi,

I have the same problem as Tater1180. Can you please help me to fix this issue?

My Windows OS is Windows 2008 Server. Therefore I downloaded the Primo Ramdisk Server Edition.

I exported and attached the ramdisk settings for you.

Please let me know if you need further information.

PS: We have had this Ramdrive since April 2011 and used it with no problems until Jan 2013. When we rebooted our server last week I noticed that the content of the Ramdisk vanished hence I was recommended by your technical support team to install Primo edition.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks
Attachments
Ramdisk_PPL.zip
(358 Bytes) Downloaded 48 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hello RAMDISK,

I checked the ramdisk settings and found that the image file is quite large (~100GB). I'd like to confirm the following things.
1) Was there enough disk space on C: drive for this image file?
2) Does the image file (C:\PR-Image-H.vdf) exist now on C: drive?
3) Is it the first reboot since you created this ramdisk?

Thanks.