Server Edition?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
Tenchi
Level 1
Level 1

Server Edition?

Post by Tenchi »

Hi!

I want to ask: when is the server Edition available (or a beta for testing)?

Can you tell us the planed price for the server edition?
Will be a 2 and 3 User licence available?

Have the server edition the excatly same speed like the pro version - or faster?

Is the a way to upgrade from the pro version to the server edition?

Thank you very much.
Tenchi

BTW: i know some people they waiting for the server edition too...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Server Edition?

Post by Support »

Hi Tenchi,

Thank you for your kind attention to this product.

We'll prepare a server edition for desktop Windows this month. There shall be no speed difference among different editions.

Also, you can easily upgrade Primo Ramdisk from Pro edition to Server edition.
Hellbilly
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hellbilly »

Hello,

I too am interested in at least testing the server edition of your great ramdisk software before I decide which one to buy (Server or Ultimate).

When I tried "Overlapped IO" with the VSuite Ramdisk Server Edition, benchmarks improved in certain areas, so I'm eager to find out what the server optimizations for the Primo Ramdisk are going to do for it. Speaking of "Overlapped IO", I'm wondering why this feature seems to have been dropped. At least I can't find it mentioned anywhere together with any type of the Primo Ramdisks.

Thank you,
Hellbilly
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi Hellbilly,

"Overlapped IO" feature in VSuite Ramdisk has been upgraded in all editions of Primo Ramdisk. Primo Ramdisk can automatically detect if an IO request is an overlappped IO or not, and then handle it in different ways to obtain the best performance.

So if you are using desktop Windows, then Primo Ramdisk Ultimate Edition is enough. There won't be any performance differences between Ultimate Edition and Server Edition.

Thanks.
Hellbilly
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hellbilly »

Thanks for your reply.

So if Ultimate and Server are the same as far as performance is concerned, then what exactly do
- Cluster Server Support
- Server Specific Optimization
(as found here) mean?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

These optimizations do not relate to the data access performance on disks. They are some application optimizations for server systems. As our policies on Primo Ramdisk, Ultimate Edition is the highest edition for Desktop Windows, while Server Edition is for Server Windows.

Thanks.