"Fancy" Ramdisk?! Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

"Fancy" Ramdisk?!

Post by InquiringMind »

While not wishing to be negative on a new product from the start, the name "Fancy Ramdisk" is not a good choice in my view.

The word "fancy" is not appropriate in a product name and makes it sound unprofessional. This applies as much to FancyCache but since I had little interest in that product it was not an issue worth raising.

Alternative suggestions could include "Romex Ramdisk" (simple and to the point) or "Romex PAEdisk" (highlighting its main feature but less obvious to new users).

For FC, "Romex RamCache" (has a certain snappiness to it) or "Romex DiskCache" would be a major improvement.

Names may be a small part of a product, but calling something "Fancy..." whatever is going to put off a significant portion of English speakers.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: "Fancy" Ramdisk?!

Post by Support »

Hi InquiringMind,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I'll forward this to the management. As it is a new product from the start, it is not late to change the name.
RRTRACKS
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RRTRACKS »

For some time I have had pretty much the same opinion regarding using “Fancy” as part of a software name that inquiringmind has stated. I would not say it sounds unprofessional, but odd and more like something an Asian person would have come up with. It would be worth your while to get some other opinions on this.

Many companies operating in foreign countries have done far worse with names. One of the most notable many years ago was GM that tried to introduce their Nova automobile in Mexico. Nova in Spanish means, “No go”.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Well, as you suggested, we have changed the product name to "Primo Ramdisk" since we just opened this product.

Thank you all.