Ramdisk dissapears on reboot

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
carandris
Level 1
Level 1

Ramdisk dissapears on reboot

Post by carandris »

In my work we have Primo ramdisk on multiple machines, version 5.6.2. Only on one we have issue described in viewtopic.php?t=4576 post. On reboot ramdisk dissappears. automount option of diskpart cmd command is enabled. I can't find any differenceses between setup on this machine and on other on which this doesn't happen. I didn't apply the .vdf solution from previous post because I can't find this option anywhere, I guess this is a good thing to start with but I need help finding it. Thanks in advance!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ramdisk dissapears on reboot

Post by Support »

Have you tried the latest version 6.6.0?
carandris
Level 1
Level 1

Post by carandris »

Support wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:08 pm Have you tried the latest version 6.6.0?
Not really an option. Company policies make it much harder to install upgrades like that. Would take ages to get that sorted. So prefer other options for now
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

What operating system and version are you using? Does the ramdisk disappear every time you reboot the computer?
carandris
Level 1
Level 1

Post by carandris »

It happens on every reboot. It disappears from the list in "This PC" window. Ramdisk version is 5.6.2 and OS is Windows Server 2019 Standard
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Could you please upload your ramdisk configuration for our reference by following the guidance in the link below?
https://kb.romexsoftware.com/en-us/1-pr ... leshooting

And was there any event logged by Primo Ramdisk in Windows Event Viewer? Please see the following link.
https://kb.romexsoftware.com/en-us/3-ge ... leshooting

Also, open Windows Device Manager and expand the "System Devices" branch, then check if there are multiple devices named "Primo Ramdisk Controller".