primocashe for gamers

Suggestions around PrimoCache
krosfer
Level 1
Level 1

primocashe for gamers

Post by krosfer »

Hello!
I have a library of 200 games for cloud gaming. 16tb mg09 + 1tb ssd for cash is constantly being overwritten. Clients play different games and the caching mode in the current version is not very suitable. I would like to be able to cache files up to a certain size. For example, up to 1 mb. Do not cache large files.
tverweij
Level 6
Level 6

Re: primocashe for gamers

Post by tverweij »

Primocache is a block cache, not a file cache, so you can not choose the file size to cache
tverweij
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tverweij »

As I think of it, there might be a way.

1. Make sure the system is idle
2. Create a cache for the drive
3. Read all files you want to cache
4. enable Prefetch Last Cache and Lock Cache content
5. You can use the system again

Now the cache is static - it will reload after a reboot and only cache what you provided.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

krosfer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:17 am Hello!
I have a library of 200 games for cloud gaming. 16tb mg09 + 1tb ssd for cash is constantly being overwritten. Clients play different games and the caching mode in the current version is not very suitable. I would like to be able to cache files up to a certain size. For example, up to 1 mb. Do not cache large files.
As tverweij said, PrimoCache is a block-level caching program and it doesn't receive file information. However, we do consider combining block caching and file caching to better suit different scenarios. Thank you for the suggestion.