Unusual configuration with encrypted disks, how best to configure the cache

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
AndreyPetrov
Level 2
Level 2

Unusual configuration with encrypted disks, how best to configure the cache

Post by AndreyPetrov »

Hi!

I have a rather unusual configuration - I use Windows Storage Spaces on which several thin volumes are created and these volumes are encrypted (full disk encryption, VeraCrypt say). The volumes are not automatically mounted when the computer boots up, but manually by running a command file and entering passwords. (please don't ask me why I need to do this )))

I would like to cache these volumes via PrimoCache, especially since I have a spare old SSD, but I don't know how to configure it correctly so that the cache doesn't corrupt the encrypted data.

I see some kind of scheme to create the cache manually or connect it via the same command file after successfully entering passwords on the volumes, is it possible?
(I currently have all services like backup and others just "disabled" and run from the command file, but I don't know if this is possible with PrimoCache).

Thanks in advance for answers and advice!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unusual configuration with encrypted disks, how best to configure the cache

Post by Support »

I don't think PrimoCache can cache volumes created by VeraCrypt because these volumes are simulated as logical volumes instead of physical volumes. However, I think you can cache the Storage Spaces which host these volumes.