More statistics/logs/records/information to help optimize configuration

Suggestions around PrimoCache
vlbastos
Level 4
Level 4

More statistics/logs/records/information to help optimize configuration

Post by vlbastos »

If we could have a measure of how much RAM goes unused over time, when and how much of swap file is being used, the peak RAM usage.... Anything to help us determine how much of RAM we can efficiently allocate to PrimoCache so we can get most of our individual systems and needs.

Maybe some kind of "analysis" mode, or "benchmark" mode, we could turn it on and monitor useful statistics that would help us configuring PrimoCache better.

Something we could use to compare the system WITH and WITHOUT PrimoCache, with logs, so we could run it multiple times with different configurations and compare results to get to the best configuration.
vlbastos
Level 4
Level 4

Re: More statistics/logs/records/information to help optimize configuration

Post by vlbastos »

I actually used a game to monitor the system usage and tweaked PrimoCache a bit to match the game's needs. The game was Forza Horizon 5, which pushes my laptop to the limits of video and system RAM (and temperature too). My laptop has 16GB RAM, Forza manages to use 13GB of those.

Before tweaking, I was using a 2GB PrimoCache with 16KB block size (250MB overhead), and Windows was having only 600MB ~ 700MB of free RAM when in-game.

Since I don't like to have my Windows with less than 1GB free, I reduced the PrimoCache to 1.5GB and increased block size to 8KB (500MB overhead). Windows now runs with 1.3GB free (in-game), and everything seems better now.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: More statistics/logs/records/information to help optimize configuration

Post by Support »

Thank you for your suggestion and sharing your experience!