Defer Write - Daily and global stats

Suggestions around PrimoCache
olivier
Level 1
Level 1

Defer Write - Daily and global stats

Post by olivier »

Hello to all.
And first of all, congratulations for this amazing piece of software that PrimoCache is.
I've been playing with hardware and software for 25+ years now, and all I can say is that it's been forever since I have been this interested in a software.

I have a minor suggestion to propose.
I have decided to get PrimoCache especially for its defer write ability.
In my mind, using defer write was a clever way to make my cacheless-SSD last longer.
Of course, I could have bought a more expensive (one with cache, or one with NVMe) SSD, but:
1. it would have been more expensive,
2. in the case of NVMe, it would have been limited (see Windows HMB)
3. it would have been less flexible (I currenty run on a 1.1GB of Buffer defer L1 cache)
The point is, PrimoCache saves me around 40% of writes. So, it makes my SDD last longer. And I thank you for that.
Would it be possible to have a daily stat, a weekly stat, ... a popup at the launch of the application that proudly states something like "congratulations. Thanks to Primocache, you save 40% of your writes. That is 15GB, or 3 months of life expentancy"
I think this would reinforce the customer satisfaction. Something like "Man, I'm so happy to have bought this software. I keep making money thanks to it!"

There would also be a great thing to add, it's global stats.
Let's imagine that on a monthly basis, all the PrimoCache clients send the amount of saved writes to a server. Then, you could be able to state "We already savec 123TB of writes. That's 52 SSD drives. Or 46t of CO2"
Of course, sending this data would have to be validated by the customer, but I think this would be a great stat for you to display.

All right, have this suggestion or not, do what you want, but once again, congratulations for this software.

Cheers from France,
Olivier
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Defer Write - Daily and global stats

Post by Support »

Hello Olivier,

Thank you for your compliments and suggestions! Based on your suggestion, we consider showing daily/weekly/monthly stats when the user needs it.
olivier
Level 1
Level 1

Post by olivier »

Thank you! :) :)
r6d2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by r6d2 »

Support wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:39 am Based on your suggestion, we consider showing daily/weekly/monthly stats when the user needs it.
Hi! Just curious... Is this available already? Is there a menu or something to access this information?

Thanks in advance!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

r6d2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:12 pm Hi! Just curious... Is this available already? Is there a menu or something to access this information?
I'm sorry but this is not available yet.