[2021-08-08] Primo Ramdisk 6.5.0 released!

First hand news related to Primo Ramdisk
Support
Support Team
Support Team

[2021-08-08] Primo Ramdisk 6.5.0 released!

Post by Support »

Greetings everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of Primo Ramdisk 6.5.0. It can be downloaded from our downloads page.

Below is the main updates:
[*][Server Edition] Support a maximum disk size of 2TB.
[*]Support a maximum cluster size of 2MB for the NTFS file system on Windows 10.
[*]Support a minimum interval of 1 second for the timing save.
[*]Support resizing the GUI main dialog.
[*]Adopt a uniform system font for the GUI program.
[*]Support high-DPI devices.
[*]Fix possible memory leaks.

The development team thanks everyone who gave us bug reports, suggestions or feedback!
If you have any questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them here.

- The Romex Software Team
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [2021-08-08] Primo Ramdisk 6.5.0 released!

Post by Jaga »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
luis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by luis »

Hi, thanks for the new update.

Unfortunately, the new version still does not allow one to RESIZE the ram disk.

In the next version please allow one to resize the disk. This is one of the most useful- but missing- features.
salopet
Level 2
Level 2

Post by salopet »

Thanks for the new version :thumbup:

I agree with @luis: the ability to change the size of a loaded ramdisk would be a great feature 8-)
GoLacrity
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GoLacrity »

I appreciate the updates especially the new DPI font which looks better on my hi-res monitor.

One issue I always seem to have irrespective of which software version is the "create custom folders" bug. This bug allows me to create the folders I want but never creates them after the reboot, so folders are not visible in the new RAM drive. However, if I go into the advanced settings again they are still listed there as being created! The only way around this bug is to delete the entire RAM drive and start again, which is not ideal.

This bug does not seem to occur if I decide not to create a backup image.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Custom folders is just designed for ramdisks without backup images. When a ramdisk has no backup image, the whole ramdisk content will be initialized to be an empty drive at boot. "Custom folders" creates specified empty folders on this empty drive thus users don't need to manually create folders each time the computer reboots.
However, if the ramdisk has a backup image, you don't need to use "Custom Folders". You can just create any custom folders or files on the ramdisk through Windows File Explorer etc. All files/folders on the drive will be saved to the backup image and when the computer boots the ramdisk contents will be restored from the backup image.