Stats reset?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
P72endragon
Level 1
Level 1

Stats reset?

Post by P72endragon »

From time to time, it appears that the stats ("Total Read" etc) get reset. Is that just the stats that are being reset or is that indicating the something's caused the cache(s) to be reset?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Stats reset?

Post by Support »

If cache configuration or target volumes are not changed, stats will not be reset during the Windows session.
P72endragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by P72endragon »

Ahh, when you say "stats will not be reset during the Windows session", do you mean they are reset on reboot? They only reflect what's happened since last boot? (I had Windows Fast Startup enabled until recently, so maybe they were only being reset on a "full" restart which would explain why they only got reset occasionally)

In which case, to tell how much is in the cache, I need to look at the "Unused cache" values - if they're low it means the cache is full, if they're high (close to the cache size) it means the cache is empty (in broad terms)?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Yes, stats are reset on reboot. With Fast Startup enabled, when you shutdown/startup the computer, Windows means a hibernate-like/resume-like behavior, not a restart.
P72endragon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 pm In which case, to tell how much is in the cache, I need to look at the "Unused cache" values - if they're low it means the cache is full, if they're high (close to the cache size) it means the cache is empty (in broad terms)?
When unused cache is close to 32MB, it means that cache is full of data, and PrimoCache will replace old cached data by caching new data by certain cache replacement algorithm.
When defer-write is enable, check "Deferred Blocks" to see how much data is deferred (waiting for being written to disks).