Every few days cache is wiped. Any reason of that?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
lukas108
Level 1
Level 1

Every few days cache is wiped. Any reason of that?

Post by lukas108 »

Hi

Why every few days my cache content is wiped? I have 126 GB SSD cache for games, and all the time all data are being removed and need to collect files from the begin. No system update in that time, no game update at this time.

Thanks for suggestions.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Every few days cache is wiped. Any reason of that?

Post by Jaga »

Are you sure your shutdowns are clean ones? No errors in the Windows event logs? No use of hibernation or sleep which can clear it as well? No access from a dual-boot OS? Is fast boot disabled in BIOS?
lukas108
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lukas108 »

Hi Jaga
Hmm, indeed, I use a lot of Sleep mode, to prevent closing my most important programs. All others things that you described are not present in my case.
Is there any way to prevent clearing cache caused by using Sleep mode? Any tip how to avoid that? Should I use PAUSE before entering sleep mode?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Please check followings.
1) There was no ungraceful shutdown.
2) You didn't install a cracked version/patch of PrimoCache or Primo Ramdisk before. The crack version may have something remaining in your computer and cause this issue even you have uninstalled it.
3) No write-protect on the C drive (system partition) or the Windows registry.
4) The option "Volatile Cache Contents" in the Advanced Level-2 Cache Settings" dialog is not checked.
5) Level-2 storage drive is not in Windows Stroage Pool.
6) Turn off Windows Fast Startup if above doesn't work.You can turn it off in the PrimoCache Options dialog.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

lukas108 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 amIs there any way to prevent clearing cache caused by using Sleep mode? Any tip how to avoid that? Should I use PAUSE before entering sleep mode?
More than one of us has experienced issues when using Sleep mode with Primocache running, though we haven't identified why that is (possible motherboard and/or driver issues could be at play).

Try Support's list first, and if no luck you can look for the Sleep issues topic and try working with others there to resolve.