Need some help configuring PrimoCache

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
JumiElazul
Level 1
Level 1

Need some help configuring PrimoCache

Post by JumiElazul »

Hello! I just got primocache and while I love the idea I'm having difficulty learning how I should be setting it up for optimum performance. I've been reading all over the forums but I'm still a little confused on what settings I should be using.

Here's the deal:
I have a main PCI 4.0 SSD as my boot drive with Windows.
I have a 6 TB Hard Drive with files on it I would like to cache with a second SSD that is not my boot drive.
I have 32GB of system memory total.
This 6 TB hard drive is basically only for storing games.

Ideally I would like to set this up so that my games loading receive the greatest benefit. So, how should I set this up?

For L1 cache, how much System RAM should I be using, and should I be setting it entirely to read/write? How much benefit is there to using a ton of system RAM, versus none and only using L2 cache?

For L2 cache, I'm willing to use my entire 1TB SSD as a cache for the hard drive. I'm going to be using read/write, what should I set my block size as?

The only thing I'm really interested in is improving my games loading times. Should I use low L1 cache? High L1 cache? I'm a little confused :?

Can someone please explain to me in very simple terms (I'm new at this) and give me some help :D :D
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Need some help configuring PrimoCache

Post by Support »

To improve the game loading times, you may mainly use L2 cache to cache the HDD. I think games may need lots of memory, so you may use few RAM cache like 1GB~4GB, or you may use L2 cache only.
Regarding the cache block size, because cache size and target volumes are in large capacity, you may use a big block size to reduce memory overhead. You may just use the default value that the program gives.