License policy question

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
shmox
Level 2
Level 2

License policy question

Post by shmox »

Hello all, i want to buy primocache, but i've read that you can reset license only 5 times for new pc's.
THe license is lifetime one so why i can reset only 5 times ?
I ask this question because i frequently change my hardware (uprade new hardware frequently) for example in the last 10 years i've changed 4 times my hardware.

I think that if license is lifetime so i can reset as many times as i change my hardware (pc). Am I wrong or is it logical ?
Please note that I'm evaluating primocache and found it very usefull but the license policy (reset only 5 times) make me think twice before buying :(

PS: Sorry for my bad english
neatchee
Level 5
Level 5

Re: License policy question

Post by neatchee »

I have requested a license refresh in the past without issue. In practice I do not believe you will have any problem - I'm like you, gamer, frequent hardware upgrades - and the worst you'll experience is needing to email their support folks :)
robertp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by robertp »

I agree! It should be unlimited resets as long as it isn't running it on more PCs than the license allows. A deactivate/reactivate online system would be ideal.
shmox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shmox »

neatchee wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 pm I have requested a license refresh in the past without issue. In practice I do not believe you will have any problem - I'm like you, gamer, frequent hardware upgrades - and the worst you'll experience is needing to email their support folks :)
I wish so and not be stuck with only 5 resets, i'd like to hear from support team about this case, I mean more than 5 resets and if i'll lose my license forever & rebuy a new one wich is not logical since it's lifetime license.
shmox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shmox »

robertp wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 pm I agree! It should be unlimited resets as long as it isn't running it on more PCs than the license allows. A deactivate/reactivate online system would be ideal.
Yes for me I lost 2 motherboards due to electricity malfunction and upgraded 2 times my pc for gaming so I changed 4 times pc just in few years. And i'm going to upgrade it soon.
So I think changing more than 5 times pc for some users is a use case which could be common.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Currently we have this license policy. One of our considerations is that some users use offline activations.
However, we do think to technically solve this activation limit and might remove it in future.
shmox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shmox »

support wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:11 pm Currently we have this license policy. One of our considerations is that some users use offline activations.
However, we do think to technically solve this activation limit and might remove it in future.
Thank you, good news, but what is the solution if a legit user has to reactivate let's say for 6th time, is it possible by emailing support or does its license's dead forever and has to rebuy a new license ?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

shmox wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pmThank you, good news, but what is the solution if a legit user has to reactivate let's say for 6th time, is it possible by emailing support or does its license's dead forever and has to rebuy a new license ?
Romex support has always been responsive and accommodating where it comes to licensing management, and technical support. I would think there is a point at which moving a license around becomes ridiculous however, so the less you do it the better off you are.
neatchee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by neatchee »

I can independently confirm that Romex Support has been very helpful and accommodating with license refresh requests. I believe that as long as you are not taking advantage of their good-will they will be happy to help you via email.
shmox
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shmox »

Jaga wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:05 pm
shmox wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pmThank you, good news, but what is the solution if a legit user has to reactivate let's say for 6th time, is it possible by emailing support or does its license's dead forever and has to rebuy a new license ?
Romex support has always been responsive and accommodating where it comes to licensing management, and technical support. I would think there is a point at which moving a license around becomes ridiculous however, so the less you do it the better off you are.
Thank you, but "rediculous" is a bit hard. I mean changing Motherboard or Processor etc let's say every 2-3 years for gamers "like me" is a use case which ise common these days where hardware is evoluating so fast. I know it's a bit strange for office users but not for gamers.