IM Reservation - Intel Core i3

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
luke123
Level 3
Level 3

IM Reservation - Intel Core i3

Post by luke123 »

Hi

I'm planning to use VSuite Ramdisk standard edition on a new computer with an Intel i3 CPU which uses Intel HD Graphics, running Windows 7 Home 32-bit.

Since Intel HD Graphics uses shared RAM,
http://software.intel.com/en-us/article ... -graphics/

I wonder if a few pointers might be offered as to how best to set IM Reservation to avoid a conflict?
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/vsui ... eservation

Has any testing been done with Intel HD Graphics drivers to see whether any conflict with Ramdisk in terms of using Invisible Memory will occur? If so, can an IM Reservation setting be suggested, prior to more trial and error usage?

Further, is it known whether Intel HD Graphics drivers use Invisible Memory "from the start" or "at the end"?

Thanks.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: IM Reservation - Intel Core i3

Post by Support »

Hi,

I checked intel i3 datasheet. But I am sorry that currently I can't find anything to confirm that if it uses OS Invisible memory or visible memory. Perhaps something are also related to BIOS settings.

However there is one way for your reference. Since HD Graphics shares system memory, generally BIOS has a option to let you set up the shared memory size. You can adjust the value and then boot up the windows to see if the size of OS visible memory varies or not. If it varies, then HD Graphics shall share OS visible memory and it shall not conflict with Invisible Mmeory. (In most case, integrated video shares visible memory)

PS. different Motherboard might have different BIOS settings.

just for your reference. you might post your data (OS total physical memory installed, OS visible memory, GPU shared memory size, Invisible Memory size detected by VSuite Ramdisk) here.