Event 129 secnvme

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Event 129 secnvme

Post by zeroibis »

Currently I have enabled a 1GB L1 cache on each of the cache operations I am running. Interested to see if and what sort of difference this makes if any.
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zeroibis »

Adding L1 cache did not fix it but it is looking better in that it now produces fewer errors. But this could also be due to improvements in transfer speed.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Sorry, but did you check another brand of SSDs if possible?
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zeroibis »

I could try some SATA based SSD drive but all the nvme is samsung except for the C drive in my laptop. I suppose I could try to partition part of it for cache if I installed it into my server. Other problem is during the tests which would take days to actually complete as the conditions appear more random as it no longer occurs all the time but can occur right away or not at all for a few days and the tests need at least 12 hours between them and I can no go to work without my laptop.
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zeroibis »

Another solution I will try is to setup an FTP server and see if performing the backup via FTP makes the problem go away.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I see. Thank you!
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zeroibis »

So far I have done a few backups via FTP without issue. Hopefully this solution holds up and if no problems in a week I can rest knowing that the issue is caused by some SMB bug with True Image.
zeroibis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zeroibis »

So far it still looks like the FTP backup method has fixed the issue. I have yet to have any problems since making that change.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

:) That seems great! Thank you very much for the testing and sharing!
neatchee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by neatchee »

Resurrecting this thread because I am now seeing this issue when playing some games on a drive with L2 cache enabled.

It seems consistent with zeroibis' experience:
- Only occurs during high throughput operations (e.g. when a game goes to read content)
- Occurs on Samsung 970 EVO (NVME)
- No other apparent issues with device (playing the same games directly from NVME device does not have any problem)

@support: Is there more information I can gather for you? I can confirm that the issue occurs both with Samsung NVME drivers and default Windows drivers.