Process Laso - competing resources with ram ?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
okcomputer360
Level 2
Level 2

Process Laso - competing resources with ram ?

Post by okcomputer360 »

post to primocache forums - how does a windows app called Process Laso's memory manager called - SmartTrim interact with the process affinity? heirarchy of primocache ram, would be awesome

if it was seemless with order of operations and was beneficial instead of being negative, with in theory rearanging of memory and again in theory slowing down primocaches process's in

regards to system memory. The link to the apps forum I found was https://forum.bitsum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4587.0

I have not run tests yet

Theory is to have both apps open - launch apps within memory alloted to primocache's ram config - test load times - need external app for this time stamp

I'll be posting back, as this is just a thesis yet to be tested although if any system engineers can provide insight into the processes that call to action from both competing apps that

appear to be both calling the ram for there benefit in performance.

One note is that process laso does appear to dynamically be able to raise a processes priority and can according to notes boost the process to 1st in line //
https://bitsum.com/?inproduct
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Process Laso - competing resources with ram ?

Post by InquiringMind »

Not having tried this, I can't be 100% certain but I am 99% certain that Process Lasso (and similar process management software) won't interact with PrimoCache at all.

Why? Because PrimoCache does not run as a process or service but as a driver (its predecessor, FancyCache did run as a Windows service so that may differ) so there is no priority level to manipulate (CPU utilisation will be reported under "System" as for any other driver). In addition, memory allocation for PrimoCache is fixed (though user-configured) so cannot be modified by other software.

You should be able to run PrimoCache and Process Lasso together without problems, but they do address very different aspects of system performance (PC generally improving disk read/write speeds and PL preventing individual processes from inhibiting system responsiveness).
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Process Laso - competing resources with ram ?

Post by idefix44 »

I have 2 PCs using ProcessLasso Pro + PrimoCache Registered since years:

Windows XP 32 + ProcessLasso Pro + PrimoCache Registered.
Windows 7 64 + ProcessLasso Pro + PrimoCache Registered.

InquiringMind is right. He wrote:
You should be able to run PrimoCache and Process Lasso together without problems, but they do address very different aspects of system performance (PC generally improving disk read/write speeds and PL preventing individual processes from inhibiting system responsiveness).

I write:
You can run PrimoCache and Process Lasso together without problems...