Unable to shut down safely the PC

Found a bug? Report here
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Unable to shut down safely the PC

Post by InquiringMind »

Jaga wrote:I'm surprised you're continuing to offer support for XP. That takes dedication, 15 years after it's release date. :)
I would argue that WinXP is likely the biggest target market for PrimoCache/Ramdisk since it benefits the most.

With PAE (Physical Address Extension), WinXP can access up to 64GB RAM and it is this which Primo's "invisible memory" feature can make use of. This makes PrimoCache usage a win-win for XP (using memory not available more generally) whereas for 64-bit Windows, Windows' own file cache will be duplicating functionality to a greater extent (it's present on XP but limited to 3GB). I don't know what (if any) limits there are on file caching for 64-bit systems, but if higher than 3GB, it does make PrimoCache's benefits less of a sure thing, plus memory allocated to PrimoCache L1 is no longer available to other applications.

As for reasons to stick with XP, that's a discussion for another thread...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

support wrote:We already find something that might be related to this issue. I hope the new version will fix this issue.
We have released the version 2.6.0. However, I'm afraid that this version is not helpful to this problem.
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

Watching this space...
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

PrimoCache 2.7.0 released!

Any progress about this issue wich isn't listed in the PrimoCache Known Issues List?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2174
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@idefix44, I'm really sorry that we still work on this issue. Previously we thought we found the cause which was finally proven to be irrelevant. I will follow up this topic when we have any updates.