primocache and Perfectdisk defrag conflicts?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: primocache and Perfectdisk defrag conflicts?

Post by Support »

Thanks for the information. It is probably v2.2.0.
Hale
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hale »

P.S.

I am not sure, was SuperFetch enabled at that time, you should check it. Personally, with my flash drive I found PrimoCache L2 ineffective, and even worse. So I am using SuperFetch, sometimes it helps, sometimes it just do nothing bad. So, maybe a combination of SuperFetch and Primo Deferred-Write. and just maybeeee, some influence from C:\temp->PrimoRamDisk
And don't forget, that was a system disk. Sometimes this matters.
I do not turn off UAC, I configure nx-bit for ALL windows processes. In other things, windows 7 is as much standard out of the box version, as it could be.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thanks. We did tests with or without SuperFetch enabled, as well as UAC settings, but found nothing...
Hale
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hale »

maybe conflict with intel AHCI drivers? I don't have any Idea how that can influence, but I don't see anything else there.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

I usually disable automatic defrag when using a disk cache program like PrimoCache. It works against itself when the defrag pulls sectors out of the cache randomly. Instead, I would do manual full defrags every 60 or so days, and inbetween just let PrimoCache do it's thing. Seemed to work much better that way. Since I'm on a SSD for C: now, that problem is gone altogether.
Hale
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hale »

I am not that crazy staying on the watch for 60 days period of manual disk subsystem rebuild... there are other things to do, work, maybe. and I stay near my company 450 km away from my home. I don't even want to think about PCs on those rare occasion when I visit family.
Win7 is designed to defrag HDDs on background, and it shoud do it.
Davey126
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Davey126 »

Hale wrote:I am not that crazy staying on the watch for 60 days period of manual disk subsystem rebuild... there are other things to do, work, maybe. and I stay near my company 450 km away from my home. I don't even want to think about PCs on those rare occasion when I visit family.
Win7 is designed to defrag HDDs on background, and it shoud do it.
Exactly! Windows (insert device/os of choice) is an enabling tool that should consume minimal mental bandwidth once initially configured.