Prefetch by application + white and black lists Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
vlbastos
Level 4
Level 4

Prefetch by application + white and black lists

Post by vlbastos »

1. Keep a table record of all the files cached per application usage (which app uses which files).
2. On app focus, prefetch this app's files (if they're not in cache).

Optional:
1. Let the user choose which apps PrimoCache will prefetch data when running (whitelist), order by priority.
2. Let the user choose which apps PrimoCache will NOT prefetch (blacklist).

Edit: I know PrimoCache works at block level, but I don't know if it's NOT possible to do this, so I suggested anyway, since I'm talking about prefetching, not caching. Maybe you could create a file monitor to keep track of apps and files being accessed/read, who knows.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prefetch by application + white and black lists

Post by Support »

vlbastos wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:16 am Edit: I know PrimoCache works at block level, but I don't know if it's NOT possible to do this, so I suggested anyway, since I'm talking about prefetching, not caching. Maybe you could create a file monitor to keep track of apps and files being accessed/read, who knows.
Thank you for your suggestions! Yes, PrimoCache is a block-level caching program and natively it cannot capture file information. As you think, we have to create some file-level applications to support this feature.