[Support OS] What about supporting Linux?

Suggestions around PrimoCache
JVini0166
Level 3
Level 3

[Support OS] What about supporting Linux?

Post by JVini0166 »

What about to PrimoCache support Linux OS? I would like to have my servers with easy caching GUI, can use Windows, but Linux is Linux :) :D
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: [Support OS] What about supporting Linux?

Post by InquiringMind »

GNU/Linux is totally different from Windows so a "PrimoCache for Linux" would effectively be a new product, which would then have to offer support for multiple GUIs (KDE, Gnome, ICEwm, Enlightenment) and potentially interact with multiple file systems (Ext 2/3/4, ReiserFS, ZFS).

In addition it would have to compete against existing free tools. So while possible, it would seem very difficult to see how a "PrimoCache for Linux" could be commercially viable.
JVini0166
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [Support OS] What about supporting Linux?

Post by JVini0166 »

Yea bro, this is the point, the motive to compete is that PrimoCache has a GUI, and I know it works different but the objective is the same. Caching free open source software are very hard to configure, PrimoCache you can do the same kind of Caching in 30 seconds, would be cool in Linux that we need more than 10-20 minutes to do one Cache.

Also PrimoCache has better options/functions that the free ones doesn't have. And I guess it would be used by the market, most of servers are Linux, I would pay and I would use hehehe.