Occasional discounts and special offers

Suggestions around PrimoCache
Shoonay
Level 4
Level 4

Occasional discounts and special offers

Post by Shoonay »

I won't hide the price is a *bit* too steep for me, as a simple gamer, with the current dollar to pln convertion and not having a job right now. ;)
You would really make mine, and I'm sure a lot of people's day, if you did occassional price drops or special offers from time to time.
This software really needs the attention of more people, not many realize how much impactful on gaming it is.
More sites would have a reason to mention PrimoCache, just for the reason there's a better price on it.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Occasional discounts and special offers

Post by Jaga »

Remember it's a lifetime license on the product (at this point), so you don't currently pay for future updates. I've been using Primocache since it was called Fancycache (a very long time ago), and have gotten my money's worth out of it many, many times over.

Personally I think major revisions should incur a maintenance fee (like 3.x -> 4.x). Even with that, it's still more than worth the current cost.

Consider the price against some other tools which run up to and over $100 for a workstation license. It's less than the price of a AA game (half a AAA game). I recommend it to everyone.

The occasional holiday discount though might be nice for the gaming community (like the Christmas season).
Shoonay
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Occasional discounts and special offers

Post by Shoonay »

It's not about getting it for 1$, it's about:
A. change in price = reason to advertise it around the web
B. lower price = more people are gonna get it = more income to the authors, compared to a higher price.
Really, the basic rules of marketing aren't that difficult to find in online courses. :)

Yes, I know the tool is great, well worth the money and useful. Like I said, for me, personally, it's only a *bit* too pricey, mostly due to the current dollar convertion, and everything that's going around the world right now.